Pure Technology Group wanted to create an office environment that brought 2 offices together under one roof. One of their major goals was to continue fostering their organisation’s strong culture, focusing on their people, and creating a space that supported both their task-based work but also the collaborative and social aspects to create strong bonds between work colleagues and Pure as an organisation. To enable this, we created a community hub, a destination for their people.
During a difficult period in the first quarter of 2021 during national lockdowns, Dale Office and Pure Technology group collaborated on the design process, bringing aspirations to life and inspiring the Pure Technology team.
We created a space that inspires, one that is flexible and offers a rich selection of work and social settings that support individuals no matter the task or objective, a space that develops those culturally strong bonds between colleagues that have been a cornerstone of the business’s success. We created training spaces, booths, breakout areas, private meeting rooms conventional desking and informal social spaces, all with the aim of supporting a socially active workforce that don’t have to spend their entire week in the office but choose the office because of the environment both physically and culturally that has been created.
Pure Technology needed the office space to mirror the strong internal culture of the organisation and be the binding agent in their attraction and retention strategies. They found Holly Park Mills in Leeds a 19th century texitle mill was the perfect fit.
Pure understood the reservations that some staff would have with regards to combining 2 office locations into one and the impact that would have.
They also understood the changing needs of the labour market, for instance remote working and the freedom and autonomy many employees are seeking in the form of new ways of working due to the impact of the pandemic. The office needed to support these changing labour market needs to ensure they attract and retain the best talent.
This was vitally import as Pure are a rapidly expanding business with huge growth plans over the next 5 years, the office and culture it fosters will be key when entice people away from other opportunities in central Leeds and beyond.
Overall, our client could not be happier with their new hybrid office. Project #oneroof has been one of the biggest projects completed in the Leeds area in 2021 and we feel we have created an office that is not just a place you go to work, but a place for employees to develop both professionally and culturally!
Working in old stone mill meant every consideration possible was given to reducing the environmental impact and was of paramount importance in the design process.
To reduce the builds impact and minimise the ongoing environmental impact of the project we did the following.
· Removed the outdate gas boiler and radiator system and implemented a highly efficient full air conditioning system. Improving heat retention and improving air quality in the building.
· New ceilings with improved insulation were installed throughout the space to reduced heating and cooling requirements and improve the insulation of the space.
· New blinds to reduce solar glare and improve heat gain and retention from south facing elements.
· LED lighting systems installed throughout to improve the energy efficiency of the office.
· Upcycled furniture, devising creative solutions with regards furniture options. For example, re-using all of the organisations desks legs and cable management systems and replacing only the tabletops.
· Collaborating exclusively with Yorkshire based contractors, with the aim of limiting travel time, reduce carbon emissions and support the local economy.
· The furniture specified was British manufactured and produced, to reduce the carbon footprint of European sourced furniture options, with a high % of these UK manufacturers being northern based with locality to the project.
· Use of materials with a high level of responsible sourcing such as FSC, PEFC or BES6001
· Environmental range of furniture was specified made up of 60% recycled plastics fished out of oceans and rivers and metal frames made from recycled steel.
Advice Centre Topics
Projects that may interest you
Our Travel Provider client engaged with Dale Office Interiors in February 2021 to support their head office refurbishment plans.
Having a clear understanding of our client’s goals and aspirations, we created a space that inspired staﬀ and clients alike. Creating a “Destination Oﬃce” that reﬂected our client’s commitment to their team whilst showcasing the brand and the quality of service they deliver to their customers.
Curvalux is a global technology company that wanted to expand into the European market. They highlighted the UK and then Sheffield as the area in which to position their European HQ. Dale has offered support from day one, assisting with feasibility services during the search for the right space, to the design and delivery of a turnkey office solution that delivers on their goals.
Do you have an office fit-out project you would like to discuss?
Contact us for a no obligation discussion